Friday, August 12, 2011

Sands of silence

     My best friends mom Chelo Stehle is the founder of this organization.  She is actually the one who got me invested in this social justice issue.  I had no idea that slavery was still going on in the world until she came into our class and taught us about it, I thought it was such a terrible crisis that I went straight home that day and looked up facts about slavery and how I could help stop it.  Because of her I am now fully aware of the situation and want to help educate others about this social justice issue just like she has been doing.  

For more information on the fantastic work Chelo Stehle has done go to my organizations page to check out her website.

10 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm trying to follow your blog but I don't see where I can do that. And I love your blog too, this is a very serious subjet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!!!! You can follow by looking toward the top where it says "members" and click on "Join this site." Or you can go to the VERY top where it says "Follow." Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Gabrielle. Your words, and especially your actions, mean a lot to me! I am posting your blog on my FB page! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabrielle, I cannot see the "members", nor the "Follow" buttons... :(( ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your blog followers can also go to Sands of Silence FB page: http://www.facebook.com/sandsofsilence and Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I wonder why the members thing is showing up for me but not for you guys. I'll have to do something about that. But thank you anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Chello, I think Sangita knows how to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To make it easier, here is the link to fallow me. http://www.google.com/friendconnect/signin/home?st=e%3DAOG8GaDs%252FrE3vYrdziNEiGuVjO9z1EMNXN4MBPNob0OD2j9yCKjGKopmRupGbCrj7THIXWMTpw1ZvfP9AUeVfFZAPnirFpMd3fCCWVJ%252F6kzktnkGnfru0QSNgvdykVJnmuTlX3OmHXv5ykIZHHe52g0wWrx%252BruAlGtmdWEZKi6JImJRna4xzGjZXwycKFSrwmCZ4kGqDmndH4lK%252F7smEjPXu5YYTFPTHY1m9RNPm82uD%252BvFk0jtZ7j8%253D%26c%3Dpeoplesense&psinvite=&subscribeOnSignin=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gabrielle, here is a great article you may want to post on your blog:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbins/is-there-child-slavery-in_b_737737.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I will post it.

    ReplyDelete